Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdickinson3
Contributor II
Contributor II

Master Item Filter Panes Not Triggering Dynamic Title on Page with Alternate State

I started turning the filter panes through my application into master items so I can update all instances of them across my application at once.

However, while testing out the filters, I noticed that the dynamic title for a chart would not dynamically update when I filtered by the master item filter pane. The dynamic title updates when I use the non-master item version of the filter to trigger.

Both versions of the filter and the chart are set to the inherited alternate state and the title updates when the page alternate state is set to default or inherited state, but not when the page is set to a custom alternate state.

Here's the code I am using for the dynamic title for the chart

If(GetSelectedCount([Vehicle.DAMAGE_CODE]) > 0 AND GetSelectedCount([Vehicle.DAMAGE_CODE]) < 2,
aggr(
//if([Person.INJ_SEVER_CODE] = 1, 'Property Damage',
if(GetFieldSelections([Vehicle.DAMAGE_CODE]) = '01', 'No Damage ',
if(GetFieldSelections([Vehicle.DAMAGE_CODE]) = '02', 'Superficial ',
if(GetFieldSelections([Vehicle.DAMAGE_CODE]) = '03', 'Functional ',
if(GetFieldSelections([Vehicle.DAMAGE_CODE]) = '04', 'Disabled ',
if(GetFieldSelections([Vehicle.DAMAGE_CODE]) = '05', 'Destroyed ',
))))), [Vehicle.DAMAGE_CODE]
))

Update:

Just did quick research and the closest answer I have is that GetFieldSelections apparently doesn't support alternate states, which means I'm going to have to change my dynamic title code to support it...

Will keep you posted when I come up with new code for the dynamic title.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bdickinson3
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Solution:
I managed to find issue. For some reason, when you have a filter pane as a master item, it doesn't trigger the GetFieldSelections in an alternate pane, so I removed the Master Item status from the filters and now its working

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bdickinson3
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Solution:
I managed to find issue. For some reason, when you have a filter pane as a master item, it doesn't trigger the GetFieldSelections in an alternate pane, so I removed the Master Item status from the filters and now its working