Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zk28
Contributor II
Contributor II

Match date picker to custom formatted date field

I'm using Qlik within Sailpoint's IDN/ISC. Currently I have a date field that is not tagged as a date, and I do not see a way to do so. This field is also not in the seemingly acceptable format of yyyy-MM-dd. I am able to format this field and place it in a new column using Date(Date#(td, 'MM/dd/yyyy'), 'yyyy-MM-dd'). However, the new field also isn't tagged as a date thus it can't be selected from the date picker.

Goal: Date picker ranges should look at either the existing date field (td) , or be able to use my newly formatted field. Either will work so long as the data is filtered correctly.

I'm also unable to share sample data due to sensitivity. Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated. 

Labels (6)
5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can tag the failed as a date in the script using:

TAG Field mydate WITH '$date';

-Rob

zk28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

In which script are you referring?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The Load Script. 

-Rob

zk28
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That’s what I figured. Thank you. Right now I can’t figure out if accessing the load script is functionality we have, and if so how to do it as we are within a Sailpoint product. Once we get that figured out, I’ll give this a shot. Thank you. 

joshsiddle8
Contributor III
Contributor III

To solve this, try explicitly tagging your newly formatted date field as a date. Use the Date() function combined with Date#() to ensure it's recognized correctly. For example, Date(Date#(td, 'MM/dd/yyyy')) AS newDateField. Ensure newDateField is in the correct format (yyyy-MM-dd). Once tagged as a date, it should work with the date picker for filtering. If issues persist, double-check your Qlik script syntax and consult the Qlik community for specific Sailpoint integration tips.