Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bri_na
Contributor
Contributor

Matching Field Value in Set Analysis

Hello,
Is it possible to pass only the value from a field (i.e. no associations) using set analysis?

For example, here's what I am trying to achieve:

I have records with multiple date stamps, including: Date1 and Date2. These may or may not be on the same day (but if different, Date2 is subsequent to Date1).

In a straight table, I would like to count the number of records where Date2 is the same date as a date selected from a filter pane containing Date1 dates (but not necessarily also where Date2 = Date1). 

Here is the expression that I am working from:

=Num(Count({$<Date2 = {">=$(=Date(min(Date1)))<=$(=Date(max(Date1)))"}>}DISTINCT ID,'#,##0'))

If I select all dates in April 2022 via a filter pane using the Date1 dimension, the expanded expression in the expression editor preview shows:

=Num(Count({$<Date2 = {">=2022-04-01<=2022-04-30"}>}DISTINCT ID),'#,##0'))

The result I get in my table is a count of records where the Date1 is between April 1 and 30th 2022 AND where Date2 = Date1

However, what I want is a count of records where Date2 is between April 1 and 30th 2022 (or whatever date range the end user selects using Date1 in the filter pane), and NOT necessarily where Date2 = Date1.

In other words, I want to get the date value from selected Date1 dates, and get a count of ID where Date2 is the same date value as the date selection made using Date1 in the filter pane.

Can anyone offer a solution to achieve this? 

Much appreciated !!
Labels (5)
1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, I'm not sure to undesrtand the "same date but not necessarily Date2=Date1" part, in case it helps, can you try with P()?: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysi...

Somewaht like: =Num(Count({$<Date2 = P(Date1)>}DISTINCT ID,'#,##0'))