Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louise_atherton
Contributor III
Contributor III

Merging 2 sections of a pie chart into 1

@Anonymous 

Can anyone help me?  I want to be able to merge 2 sections of a pie chart into one.  The pie chart currently displays 3 sections in total.  I've tried the match function using expression:-

If(Match([Incident: Incident Status],'Assigned', 'Not Assigned'), 'Open')

However the problem with this is that it then omits the 3rd section from the pie chart and apparently you can't use the match function on only parameter so I don't know how else to do it. 

I should point out that I have effectively a locked down version of Qlik as it is an analytics component embedded in another system so I can only do this via expressions. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm all out of ideas. 

Thanks

Louise 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fernando_Fabregas
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Louise!

To get the other values of main dimension, you must add the "else" parameter to the condition:

If(Match([Incident: Incident Status],'Assigned', 'Not Assigned'), 'Open', [Incident: Incident Status])

Regards,Fernando

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Fernando_Fabregas
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Louise!

To get the other values of main dimension, you must add the "else" parameter to the condition:

If(Match([Incident: Incident Status],'Assigned', 'Not Assigned'), 'Open', [Incident: Incident Status])

Regards,Fernando

louise_atherton
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That's amazing thank you so much. Exactly what I was after 🙂

louise_atherton
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hiya

I've just posted another query if you fancy a challenge?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Counting-partial-values-in-a-table/m-p/1759798#M1747...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Louise