Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mapratt82
Creator
Creator

Missing Months?

I have several line charts that are missing months in the data due to either no new account opened or no transaction depending on the measure. I have added a master calendar in hopes that it might fix my problem however it hasn't and I believe the problem is going to be resolved in my set analysis. 

I have the below dimension and measure in a line chart with Aug2018 missing. I do have a master calendar with AcctOpenedDate as the key and AcctOpenedMonth as one of the fields. I would like to see Aug2018 with 0 for the value, if there is none.

Dimension: AcctOpenedMonth

Measure: Count(distinct {1<
                     ProductName = {'STAR REWARDS SAVING'},
                     CampaignDesc = {'Star Rewards Savings'},
                     AcctOpenedDate = {'>=6/01/2018'}
                   >} dimAccountID)

also tried: alt(Count(distinct {1<
                            ProductName = {'STAR REWARDS SAVING'},
                            CampaignDesc = {'Star Rewards Savings'},
                            AcctOpenedDate = {'>=6/01/2018'}
                          >} dimAccountID),0)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Have you tried this , 

Go to Edit Mode : Select the Line chart --> Appearance --> X-Axis --> Change Option Continuous from Auto to Custom --> Now select "Use Continuous Scale" option

Vikky

mapratt82
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the notification went to my spam folder, so I just realized someone had replied. I did try your suggestion, but it swapped my months to a numeric value and scale. So not sure what to do?!

vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Try un-checking the option "Use Continuous Scale" in addition to what I mentioned earlier.

mapratt82
Creator
Creator
Author

If I un-check "Use Continuous Scale", it does change the months back to MonthName, however I still have the missing months.

vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

This should work , If you have a master calendar .

Go to Edit Mode : Select the Line chart --> Appearance --> X-Axis --> Change Option Continuous from Auto to Custom --> Now select "Use Continuous Scale" option

But may be you have zero values try checking the below option as well.

Add-Ons --> Data Handling --> InClude Zero Values.