Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drohm002
Creator
Creator

Missing rows

Hi,

My main table has 75,000 rows, one for each patient. I work in healthcare.  Another table has about 72,000 rows, one for each patient that matches the criteria built for that specific table, its filtered down a little.  When I load these two tables into my app, I only get the 72,000 patients to show, but I want to show all of the 75,000 patients.  I feel like i am missing something small somewhere for this to occur, does anyone have any idea?

When I click "Load Data" i can see that the app is fetching 75,000 rows for the first table, then it goes and fetches 72,000 rows for the next table.  These two tables have to be built seperately like I have them.  I dont want rows to drop off from the first table just because a patient/record doesnt exist in the second smaller table. Please help! Thank you

Labels (5)
30 Replies
drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

I do not

Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Do you have Null values in the EMPI column?

drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

in the Index Pop Table? I do not

Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Can you go in the Data model viewer, select the [Index Pop] table, then select the EMPI column and review the results?

You should get a report like the one in the screenshot.

Fabiano_Martino_Intelco_0-1718029604709.png

How many total values do you get?

How many non null?

If you post a screenshot remember to mask personal/sensitive information.

Regards

drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

Please see the screenshot below...

drohm002_0-1718030043517.png

drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

So when i load the data in, Index Pop fetches 73,483 rows as evidenced by the screenshot above in this thread, aka patients, but in the data model viewer its only showing the 72,781...

Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Now it makes sense.

Since in the final table you have 72781 distinct values when you count them you get exactly this number.

I suspect there is something in the script then reduces the data.

If you create another app and load only the INDEX_POP.qvd how many rows do you get?

Regards

drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

I know there are patients in the Index Pop table (about 500) that arent in the Epic Payor table, but when i load my data in, I dont want those 500 or so patients to fall off of the Index Pop table...

drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

See the screenshot below of an app that just consists of the Index Pop table

drohm002_0-1718031146903.png

drohm002_1-1718031215192.png

Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Ok, now we confirm that all the data is in the qvd file and that by itself it is loaded correctly.

In the complete app, after you load the file in the tables do you perform other manipulations on the tables?

Do you join the tables or use the keep function?

In this situations stepping through the loading script is usually a good idea.

Regards