Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drohm002
Creator
Creator

Missing rows

Hi,

My main table has 75,000 rows, one for each patient. I work in healthcare.  Another table has about 72,000 rows, one for each patient that matches the criteria built for that specific table, its filtered down a little.  When I load these two tables into my app, I only get the 72,000 patients to show, but I want to show all of the 75,000 patients.  I feel like i am missing something small somewhere for this to occur, does anyone have any idea?

When I click "Load Data" i can see that the app is fetching 75,000 rows for the first table, then it goes and fetches 72,000 rows for the next table.  These two tables have to be built seperately like I have them.  I dont want rows to drop off from the first table just because a patient/record doesnt exist in the second smaller table. Please help! Thank you

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @drohm002 

the TRACE right after the load confirms that you are loading 73,438 rows.

Can you also place the code block:

Let vEMPIRowCount = NoOfRows('YourTableName');
Trace Number of rows loaded for EMPI: $(vEMPIRowCount);

as the last instructions in your script?

This will show the row number in the table at the end of the operations.

Also, @marksouzacosta suggestion is correct. Usually you don't count keys. I suggest you create a parallel field and use function such as count() on that.

Having the QVF (without data) or the script could help analyze your problem.

Regards

View solution in original post

30 Replies
TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @drohm002,

To ensure that all 75,000 patients from your main table are displayed, even if they do not have a corresponding record in the second table, you should use a Left Join. These operations will preserve all records from the main table while matching records from the second table based on a common key, typically a patient ID.

****Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.****

Vegar
MVP
MVP

How are you loading the two tables.

Is it

load * from table1; 

load * from table2;

Or is it 

load * from table1;

Concatenate load * from table2;

Or is it 

load * from table1;

Left join load * from table2;

Or other? Please explain what you have done, then it's easier to help

drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Vegar, please see below how i am loading the two tables.  The Index Pop table is the one with 75,000 records.  Epic Payor table has 72,000 records.

drohm002_0-1717966026960.png

See also the picture below showing the output of the two tables.  My count of total records should be the 73,483 number, but instead in my dashboard i am getting a total count of only the 72,784 records.  Obviously, there are many more tables in my data model, i know these two tables dont have a linked primary key.  I appreciate any insight you might have.  Thank you. 

drohm002_1-1717966100477.png

drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tauseef, please see my reply below to Vegar.  I would love to hear your input on that.  I used a left join in the transform layer, i dont think that is my issue

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"in my dashboard i am getting a total count of only the 72,784 records"

Could you explain more how you are displaying this count? Is it an expression, a chart?

-Rob

drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi rwunderlich, see the KPI below and the formula used for it to get the 72,784 records.  I want this number to actually be the 73,483 number. I appreciate your help

drohm002_0-1718024155206.png

drohm002_1-1718024177232.png

Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @drohm002 

if you remove the DISTINCT in the expression how many Patients do you get?

Regards

drohm002
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Martino, if I remove the DISTINCT I get the same number as before, 72,781...unfortunately

Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

After loading the qvd in the tables do you perform other operations on the [Index Pop] table?