Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

Missing total label on some bars in bar chart

I have attached a picture of a bar chart where I have activated total labels, but total is not shown on two of the bars, the highest ones (but on all others). The total value in those two bars are below 60.000. I have set the range for the Y-axis to Auto. If I change it to manual and select Min/Max with 0 and 60.000, the total of these two bars STILL do not show. If I set Max to 70.000, the total DOES show on these two bars. I am a little puzzled about this behaviour.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Andrew_Roy
Support
Support

The total label not displaying is expected behavior when the chart doesn't have enough space. There is a workaround. As a test, if you create a new sheet, and change the Grid spacing on the sheet to Narrow (from the default Wide), charts can be resized by a relatively small amount. When you copy your bar chart to this sheet and resize by 1 grid square, the total label on the tallest bars will likely return.  Depending on the range settings and how the bars grow, you might need additional chart space on the grid.