Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srikantj
Creator
Creator

Mod function in qlikview

I am learning Mod function in qliksense. Below are the examples.

Examples Results

Mod( 7,2 )

Returns 1

Mod( 7.5,2 )

Returns NULL

Mod( 9,3 )

Returns 0

Mod( -4,3 )

Returns 2

Mod( 4,-3 )

Returns NULL

Mod( -4,-3 )

Returns NULL

In above table Mod(-4,3) returns value 2. how it got calculated. when "4" divided by  "-3" how it's going to return value"2".

Can someone explain this

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It's a quite complicated matter if the parameters aren't positive integers and there various logically + technically implications in regard where and in which tool it's used and which kind of handling respectively returning results are regarded as expected or not. A good starting point to dive deeper would be:

Modulo - Wikipedia

Without any special reason I suggest to ensure that all parameters are positive integers (applying ceil/floor() and abs() and/or alt() or range-functions to the parameters) or using another logic to get the needed results.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It's a quite complicated matter if the parameters aren't positive integers and there various logically + technically implications in regard where and in which tool it's used and which kind of handling respectively returning results are regarded as expected or not. A good starting point to dive deeper would be:

Modulo - Wikipedia

Without any special reason I suggest to ensure that all parameters are positive integers (applying ceil/floor() and abs() and/or alt() or range-functions to the parameters) or using another logic to get the needed results.