Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VarshaTyagi_1
Partner - Contributor III

Money Formatting in QlikSense

Hi Experts,

I have the Transaction Amount as ₹72,234,435,457 . Here I want to format it as ₹72,23,44,35,457. I tried using the formatting as ₹#,#0,##0 but it is not working as expected. Could you please help here.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
12 Replies
sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

In the number formatting, Select number from the drop down list. Change formatting to Custom and use this format "₹#,##,##,##,##0"

VarshaTyagi_1
Author

Hi Sandeep,

It is still not working. Basically we need the Transaction Amount representation in Indian money formatting . The challenge here is whatever formatting we are applying we are getting  comma separator after 3 digits but we want it as  the below example.
For example if the amount is 3000 then it should be 3,000 , if the amount is 300000 then it should be 3,00,000, if the amount is 30000000 then it should be 30,00,000 and so on. 

Also, if we are trying the apply the above formatting then we are getting exponential in the number. 

sandeep-singh
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @VarshaTyagi_1 

I tried some alternative way and it seems to be working fine for me. Could you please give a try?

sandeepsingh_0-1680502430470.png

sandeepsingh_1-1680502498080.png

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

@VarshaTyagi_1 It's ideal to do this in the script.

LOAD *,
Num("Transaction Amount", '₹##,##,##,##,##0') as "TransAmt"

FROM <YourSourceTable>;

BrunPierre_0-1680503053052.png

Hania
Creator
Creator

You can use Number formatting function as  --: num([Transaction Amount],'₹##,##,##,##,##0') 

VarshaTyagi_1
Author

Hi @sandeep-singh 

Thanks for your efforts!
I tried the above approach but it is still not working as expected. Now the issue is like if the amount exceed more the format specified it will again take comma separator at 3 places. Please find the attached screenshots for the same.

VarshaTyagi_1
Author

Hi @BrunPierre ,

Thanks for your help!

Apart from script formatting  are you making any changes in front end table as well? Because just by changing in script it is not working for me.

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Just the sum of the output field.

Sum(TransAmt)

VarshaTyagi_1
Author

Hi @BrunPierre 

This is also not working. Same issue as in @sandeep-singh  approach.