Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william_fu
Creator II
Creator II

MonthStart flag in Load script

The following script line is giving me an invalid expression error in the load script

If(Date(Date#([DtReferencia], 'YYYYMMDD')) = MonthStart(Max(Date(Date#([DtReferencia], 'YYYYMMDD')))), 1, 0) as FlagCurrentDtRef,

The flag is meant to filter the first day of the most current month in the database.

Can anyone spot the error?

18 Replies
william_fu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I guess 'current' was a bad description; I don't actually have any data for the current month (this particular table gets updated with a certain delay) which is why I can't use Today()

sunny_talwar

Have you looked at what I proposed? You didn't mention anything about it, hence not sure if you checked and it didn't work or if you forgot to check it out

william_fu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Sorry for the delay, I did try it but it doesn't seem to work - I need it to check for the first day of the month of the most recent date.

sunny_talwar

When you say recent date, do you mean max date from all your date (not depending on any dimension)?

william_fu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Max date from the "DtReferencia" column, regardless of dimension.

For example, right now I only have data for dates until Nov 28th; therefore I want the KPI to filter for Nov 1st.

But whenever the table gets updated do include data until Dec 5th, I want the KPI to filter for Dec 1st.

sunny_talwar

May be this

Table:

LOAD YourFields,

Date#([DtReferencia], 'YYYYMMDD') as DtReferencia

FROM ....;

Left Join (Table)

LOAD MonthStart(Max(DtReferencia)) as MaxDtReferencia

Resident Table;

FinalTable:

LOAD *,

If(DtReferencia = MaxDtReferencia, 1, 0) as FlagCurrentDtRef

Resident Table;

DROP Table Table;

william_fu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Deu na mesma, acho que o problema não é na formatação da data..

william_fu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Sunny, this is working!

I did notice that the data load took longer as it loaded my Table rows twice (and the Table has a few million records)

Do you have any performance concerns with this method?

sunny_talwar

You can use the method here to get the max date... using FieldValue function

Better Calendar Scripts | Qlikview Cookbook