Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Necator
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multiple Nodes Cluster Load Balancing

Hello,

I do have a question about the default load balancing between multiple nodes in Qlik.

Currently I trigger most Qlik reloads from outside via Qlik API. This allows me an easier tracking of the reloads and managing dependencies. So every morning I trigger around 70 dashboards for reload in Qlik at the same time. 

If I understood correctly Qlik will balance those 70 tasks between my 2 scheduling nodes, by checking the current ram/cpu usage and roughly assign half the tasks to one node and the other half to the other. Both nodes have a maximum of 4/8 concurrent reloads. So the other tasks, which are not started right away, get queued, so far so good.

Because of the different size (RAM wise) of the reload nodes, the one with 8 concurrent reloads finishes way faster. But the remaining queued task are not picked by it, because they are already assigned to the smaller node. Is there any way to make the Queue be not already assign to one node? Would you rather try to size both nodes the same size ? Or can i somehow assign 50 reloads to the bigger node and 20 to the smaller one ?

Thanks

Best

Necator

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Kingmaker
Contributor
Contributor

Yes create load balancing rule in QMC Load balancing and assign few apps in one node and few in other node.