Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgruneich
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Report Designer wont save with VBA

I'm trying to create VBA scripts for an excel report in the report designer but i can't save the template with the scripts.

What I have tried.

allowed all macros in the trust center.

Version: NPrinting report designer september 2020.

Also even if i get the VBA to run in the designer will qlik actually run the code every time the report gets generated?

i'm seeing alot of inconclusive answers  in the documentation.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, so yeah - it is quite straight forward and few things need to be taken into account. First of all none of the macros will be executed when NPrinitng produces report. Macros should be written so they are executed on document open on end users PCs. 

Now with this aside the steps are:

• open regular excel and create your xlsm file with macro
  • use that excel when creating NPrinitng report (there is option to choose a file when you create report)
  • build you template
  • when executing/previewing choose xlsm format to retain vb scripts
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Never worked with NPrinting but you may need to change the filetype from xlsx to xlsm because xlsx couldn't save macros. I don't know if it's customizable anywhere ...

- Marcus

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@Lech_Miszkiewicz may be able to help on this!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, so yeah - it is quite straight forward and few things need to be taken into account. First of all none of the macros will be executed when NPrinitng produces report. Macros should be written so they are executed on document open on end users PCs. 

Now with this aside the steps are:

• open regular excel and create your xlsm file with macro
  • use that excel when creating NPrinitng report (there is option to choose a file when you create report)
  • build you template
  • when executing/previewing choose xlsm format to retain vb scripts
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.