Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need 1 filter pane associated to 2 dates

Hi, I have created a 2 filter panes  having distinct values for time period like MOM,QOQ and YOY. Now based on the selection i make here i need 2 calendars( i again used filter panes for dates), one for FromDate and another for ToDate.

The initial struggle encountered was whenever i select MOM and Apr-09 , i see that the next filter pane too has Apr-09... to overcome this i used Alternate States in qliksense and now it works fine. However the requirement now is to not have 2 filter panes for types but rather have only one. So, selecting one type( say MOM) should make the From and To calendars to reflect only Month values without any association between them so that the user can select one month from calendar1 and another month from calendar2, please advice on how to achieve this?

Listboxes.jpg

Temp:

Load

min([Order Date]) as minDate, // Replace DateKey with your Date key field

max([Order Date]) as maxDate  // Replace DateKey with your Date key field

Resident t; // Replace SourceTable with the name of the table containing the DateKey field

Let varMinDate = Num(Peek('minDate', 0, 'Temp'));

Let varMaxDate = Num(Peek('maxDate', 0, 'Temp'));

DROP Table Temp;

TempCalendar:

LOAD

$(varMinDate) + Iterno()-1 As Num,

Date($(varMinDate) + IterNo() - 1) as TempDate

AutoGenerate 1 While $(varMinDate) + IterNo() -1 <= $(varMaxDate);

MasterCalendar:

LOAD

TempDate AS DateKey,

Year(TempDate) as Year,

Month(TempDate) as Month,

Day(TempDate) as Day,

ApplyMap('QuartersMap', month(TempDate), Null())

as Quarter

Resident TempCalendar;

Listbox:

LOAD * Inline [

type,id

'YOY',1

'QOQ',2

'MOM',3

];

CalendarYear:

LOAD

text(year(DateKey)) as DateKey1,