Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartijnK
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need help on a security rule to prevent professionals from editing *public* sheets

Hi all,

I need some help with creating a security rule or changing an existing security rule.
Somehow, all professional users can edit the public sheets in our published apps.
All our public sheets have been approved, so in order to prevent (accidental) edits we require professional users to only be able to edit their own and community sheets.

Furthermore, they should also be able to copy public sheets.

Can anyone help me with the security rule that complies with these requirements?

With kind regards,

Martijn

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

On a default system (with default security rule) this should not be possible so I believe you have a custom rule allowing that behavior. 

My suggestion would be to go in QMC -> Security rule and start filtering on your Custom Security rule.

Look for any rule with "Update" action containing potentially "App*" or "App.Object*" or "App.Object_*" in the filter. 

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

On a default system (with default security rule) this should not be possible so I believe you have a custom rule allowing that behavior. 

My suggestion would be to go in QMC -> Security rule and start filtering on your Custom Security rule.

Look for any rule with "Update" action containing potentially "App*" or "App.Object*" or "App.Object_*" in the filter. 

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.