Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Need to Sum Results of Interval Function

I have the following calculation in my script.  It works perfectly to calculate the time difference.

If (endtime > starttime,

Interval(endtime - starttime,'m,ss'),0)

as ProcessingMinutes,

However, when I attempt to Sum or to a Total in my Table Chart I do not get close to the correct answer.

For example the total based on my filter choices looks like a very large number.(in the thousands)  However, the total that is displayed using Sum(ProcessingMinutes) displays as 5.74.

I suspect it has to do with the result from the interval function and that I need to do some massaging or additional calculations on it before I can Sum it.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try doing this in the script... so the underlying value is not fraction, but a whole number....

If(endtime > starttime, (endtime - starttime) * 24 * 60, 0) as ProcessingMinutes,

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

So, 5.74 is approx. 5 3/4th days... whereas the thousands could mean minutes, right? May be try this

Interval(Sum(ProcessingMinutes), 'm,ss')

sunny_talwar

I got 8,265 minutes and 36 seconds when converted 5.74 days to minutes and seconds

Capture.PNG

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

That did not change the result.

sunny_talwar

Where are you using this? In a chart? have you over-ridden the default format? Make sure you are going with default so that your expression can be formatted using Interval function.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I have tried it in a regular table and also in a KPI.  I don't get the correct result in either case.

I want the total to stay in the format of mm.ss and not convert to days or anything else.

sunny_talwar

I understand what you want and that is why I suggested you to use Interval() function. Is ~8265 not the right number you are looking to get Mark?

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

In a standard table I have no control over the Total calculation.  All I can do is pick Sum.  When I do that I do not get the correct number.

In the KPI I can do what you suggested.  But that is also not returning the correct result.

sunny_talwar

Mark, I get that you are not getting what you are looking to get, but I think you are not letting us know what you want? I straight forwardly asked of ~8265 is the number you are looking get, but you ignored to answer that and yet again mentioned that you aren't getting what you wanted. I won't be able to help if you ignore to answer my questions and keep on repeating the same thing over and over my friend.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Let's say that I have 3 rows of data.

The processing time is 100, 150, 50 for each of those rows (This is in minutes).

I expect the total to be 300 minutes.  Not something like I am seeing now which is some small fraction.

Does that help?  If not, let me know what else I can tell you.  I am stumped.