cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

Need to connect Qlik Sense with JIRA

I tried to pull the JIRA data into Qlik Sense. When I create a new connection, facing issue. 

From Qlik Sense Hub --> Data Load Editor --> Create New Connection --> Click on JIRA --> I gave the JIRA base URL and our user name and password. 

Then facing error "Failed on attempt 1 to GET (Unable to connect to the remote server)

Kindly suggest anything I need to do prerequisites. 

Labels (4)
25 Replies
steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Is everything on-prem or something in the cloud? Have you checked with your infrastructure or network team if the JIRA server is available from your Qlik Sense server(s)?

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan Qlik Sense is On-prem.  No I didn't check about JIRA. But I can able to access the JIRA link in my browser with my username and password. 

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Can you also access Jira in the browser on the server? If so, are there network settings (proxy, firewall, ...) in place for that browser that might not be setup for the Qlik Sense services?

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan you mean inside the Qlik Sense Server? Because currently accessing from our local desktop (both Qlik Sense HUB URL and JIRA URL )only. Not from the inside server. 

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, I see. Still the same question: Are there network settings (proxy, firewall, ...) in place for that browser that might not be setup for the Qlik Sense services?

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan  we placed for Qlik Sense service, proxy setting. Not sure about JIRA URL. 

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

I do not believe this to be an error with Qlik Sense as such but with some settings on your computer or in your network. I just checked with my Qlik Sense Desktop installation (Nov 2023 Patch 1) and it works fine. Just in case, try updating to the latest version of Qlik Sense Desktop.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan We are using Qlik Sense latest version May 2023. only 

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan Today I tried to login JIRA from inside the Qlik Sense server. My JIRA is link is not working in the Qlik Sense server. It's working only from my local desktop.