Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QLIK_PK
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need to see independent quarters in chart rather than accumulating sum of quarters of 2 years

I have Q1,Q2, Q3, Q4 as Quarter

Ex:  'Q' & CEIL(NUM(MONTH(EFFECTIVE_DATE))/3) AS Quarter

We have data from 2022 ( Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4) to 2023 ( Q1,Q2)

In Bar chart, we see only accumulated results for Q1, Q2 (2022,2023), where as I want to see all the quarter data individually, ex. Q1 2022, Q2 2022, Q3 2022, Q4 2022, Q1 2023, Q2 2023. 

We need to represent in Bar chart in QV  

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

What you are describing is how Qlik natively works. Unless you've enabled Accumulation, dimension values will display their associated measures. If you have enabled Accumulation, you should disable it here. If your data is per-accumulated from the source, you'll need to figure out how to deal with that in the data load editor.

Do note that you seem to have only added the *quarter* without including the *year* component, which may lead to confusing results as all years will be lumped into a single value here. I'd suggest using Quartername(Date) for a cleaner expression that does include the year.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
adithyarpai
Employee
Employee

Or
MVP
MVP

What you are describing is how Qlik natively works. Unless you've enabled Accumulation, dimension values will display their associated measures. If you have enabled Accumulation, you should disable it here. If your data is per-accumulated from the source, you'll need to figure out how to deal with that in the data load editor.

Do note that you seem to have only added the *quarter* without including the *year* component, which may lead to confusing results as all years will be lumped into a single value here. I'd suggest using Quartername(Date) for a cleaner expression that does include the year.

QLIK_PK
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, Quartername(date) works.