Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_lin
Creator
Creator

Nested Set Analysis - Customer bought in both time periods

Hello All,

I thought this would be simple and read through many posts online still with no luck, but I know that I need to use nested set analysis to achieve this (?)

I am trying to calculate in an expression (like in a Text & Image in sense) that the number of customers who bought in 2016 (between 01/01/2016 and 12/31/2016) also bought in 2017 (between 01/01/2017 and 12/31/2017).

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you!

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this

Count(DISTINCT {<Customers = p({<Year = {2016}>})*p({<Year = {2017}>})>} Customers)

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

This is will also work

count({<Customer={"=count({<YearIS={2016,2017}>}Distinct YearIS)=2"}>}Distinct Customer)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
samuel_lin
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Sunny and Vineeth.

How do I apply the same method to calculate everyone who's new in 2017? that is, never purchased prior to 2017. I was thinking just to add a - sign, but it doesn't seem that simple...

samuel_lin
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Sunny,

How do I apply the same method to calculate everyone who's new in 2017? that is, never purchased prior to 2017. I was thinking just to add a - sign, but it doesn't seem that simple...

samuel_lin
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Vineeth.

sunny_talwar

May be this

Count(DISTINCT {<Customers = p({<Year = {2017}>})-p({<Year = {2016}>})>} Customers)

OmarBenSalem

Hi Sam,

Try this:

count({<Customer=P({<[Year]={2017}>})> - <Customer=P({<[Year]-={2017}>})>} distinct Customer)

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

My version

Count(DISTINCT {<Customers = e({<Year -= {2017}>} Customers) >} Customers)

Vineeth Pujari
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Samuel

Never purchased Prior to 2017 which means min(Year) = 2017 , all the above expressions will give you count of customers who only purchased in 2017 , which is different from No purchase prior to 2017

the expression would be as below for No purchase prior to 2017

=count({< Customers ={"=min(TOTAL <Customers> Year)=2017"} >} distinct Customers)

stalwar1‌ your thoughts

Vineeth Pujari