Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alferrar
Contributor
Contributor

Nested aggregation not allowed with aggr

Hi, probably this isn't the smoothest way to achieve it but...

I'm trying to limit the calculation of the delta between 2020 and 2019 only to the available 2020 weeks, but I'm receiving the nested aggregation error, and I can't see why

I know that the max(aggr(...) returns the correct value, and I also tried to set up a variable with the same error

any help wpuld be really appreciated, thanks

sum ( if (
max(aggr(if( sum( if(anno=2020, Pratiche ))>0, week), week)) <= week and anno=2020,
Pratiche ) )

/

sum ( if (
max(aggr(if( sum( if(anno=2020, Pratiche ))>0, week), week)) <= week and anno = 2019,
Pratiche ) )

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alferrar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

it worked this way:

sum (if( week<= max( total aggr(if(year=2020,week),week,year)) and year=2020 , Pratiche))

the trick was "total". The "total" makes it useless the aggr() so the above become the same of:

sum (if( week<= max( total if(year=2020,week)) and year=2020 , Pratiche))

which is a wiser method to obtain what I needed 

I don't really get it anyway, I mean, it wasn't a true nested aggregation from the beginning as it is working on the condition, and not the data and anyway I was using aggr().

Oh, well, anyway, solved. Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You are getting nested aggregation errors because of the sum(max()). Both sum and max are aggregation functions.

In short you are doing this:

SUM(IF(MAX(AGGR(IF(SUM()))))

You can probably handle this issue by adding another aggr inside you outer SUM. It would look something like this:

SUM(AGGR(IF(MAX(AGGR(IF(SUM())))))

alferrar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

it worked this way:

sum (if( week<= max( total aggr(if(year=2020,week),week,year)) and year=2020 , Pratiche))

the trick was "total". The "total" makes it useless the aggr() so the above become the same of:

sum (if( week<= max( total if(year=2020,week)) and year=2020 , Pratiche))

which is a wiser method to obtain what I needed 

I don't really get it anyway, I mean, it wasn't a true nested aggregation from the beginning as it is working on the condition, and not the data and anyway I was using aggr().

Oh, well, anyway, solved. Thanks