Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratheepan
Contributor
Contributor

New to Qlik

Hi Everyone,

New user on the sidelines to looking to take a plunge.  I am not a developer either so I guess my question is that I would like to know if I can use Qlik Sense cloud to the following:

1. Upload and transform Bank account data (csv) into Qlik.

2. Create dashboard to create financial summaries. 

3. Create forward cashflow projections once subsequent data loads are done in Qlik.

The account manager informs me that I need to use Talend to do etl routines, but my Qlik developers tell me I can use Qliks native etl components to do this. 

Would love to learn from anyone who has done this using financial data to create dashboards so one can create BAS lodgements quickly etc ...build financial dashboard etc..

Labels (1)
2 Replies
PrashantSangle

Yes. He is completely correct. You can use Qlik script editor or Qlik Data Manager to do ETL stuff on your data. Also, on the top of that you can save that corrected or cleaned data after ETL. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/introduction-t....

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Pablo007
Creator
Creator

Dear @Ratheepan ,

You can use Qlik to prepare the data with ETL.

The best thing with Qlik is that you have all in one,  you can do ETL, connect different data sources,  API etc, arrange triggers,  whatever...

You "just" have to prepare an script to "cook" the data as per your needs and generate a QVD file.

QVD file is a Qlik file,  that we can say thet will be your data base after cooking, is a QLik native file,  and is the fastest way to read  the data for qlik.

With that QVD you can create your dashboard or application to analyse data.

Good Luck