Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaviK
Contributor
Contributor

No changes to the modified load script after republishing and replacing the app

Hi,

we have an application published in a stream by one of our colleague . I wanted to do some changes in underlying load script and publish the same in same stream by replacing the existing application. but after republishing my changes are not reflecting in the load script I can see only UI changes.

below are the steps that I am following.

1. Duplicate the stream from stream (take the app into Work)

2. Modify the underlying Load script, modify the UI and reload the data

3. Publish the application with same name in the same stream by ticking the check box (replace the existing app) and click on republish button

4. try to duplicate the app after republishing and check the underlying load script(changes not available).

Thanks

14 Replies
craigbrett
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

As a workaround ensure you publish and replace from the QMC and not the Hub.

Happy_Mask_Salesman
Partner - Contributor III

Sadly, one of my customers has this problem too.

Two users, A and B.

B duplicates an app published and owned by A. B modifies script, UI, charts, but once republishes from Hub or QMC and replaces the published app (owned by A), the script remains unchanged. Only updates UI and charts.

I tried @craigbrett workaround, and publishing & replacing from QMC won't work either.

Qlik Sense Aug 2023 Patch 3. Recently updated from Aug 2022.

Does someone know something?

Regards,

craigbrett
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi

After you have published and replaced the app via the QMC try reloading the app first via the QMC. Once the updated app has been reloaded at least once on the QMC. try duplicate again from the QMC and you should see the changes now reflecting in the data load editor (Script).

davidh69
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same for us. We are 2 developpers and have the same issues. I can't imagine that Qlik does not provide solutions for this problem that many people have for a so long time ... The only workaround is to delete the published app before publishing the "my workspace" version. Save your load scripts in .txt files too and keep your fingers crossed for someday we'll have a way to git the code of an app ...

Happy_Mask_Salesman

Hi David, I kinda solved it, and it may be related to the security rules in the Qlik Sense QMC.

I created a new rule giving the permissions needed to publish apps to specific users to specific streams and apps.

Try something like this security rule for the apps and streams, and also App.Object_*, with the actions you require (read, update, publish ,change owner, duplicate..):

((user.@StreamName=resource.@StreamName or user.name=resource.app.owner.name))

You can also try:

((user.@StreamName=resource.stream.@StreamName))

With this condition I could solve the problem, but what I don't understand is, if there was a constraint preventing updating by publishing the script of an app, why allow to update app objects (sheets and charts) after replacing & publishing? Also I used the audit tool to check the privileges of the users, and they had enough permissions...

I hope this works out for you.

Regards,