Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlikuser09
Creator II
Creator II

Not able to sort month in Order

Qlikuser201_2-1646350016535.png

Month order is not sorted , i removed all the sorting and tried all the sorting as well , I need it to be displayed in the order like from Jan , feb .. Dec)

6 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI 

Month Year field is created with MonthName function? or Month &' '& Year field?

If its created based on MonthName fn, its has dual values, so, it will sort by default. 

Try with Num(Month Year) in sort expresssion...

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Or
MVP
MVP

I am a tad suspicious about the fact that both out-of-order months are showing an identical value to the month they're next to. It might be unrelated, but there might be an issue with whatever formula you used to make these months that is causing a mismatched dual (the numeric value matches one month while the text value is another). Worth checking that out if nothing else surfaces. You can also test for this by using num(Month Year) as your dimension and see if you get the correct values for each month.

Qlikuser09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Tried using Num(Month Year) in the dimension , but the result is still the same

Qlikuser09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Num(month year) inn the sort expression also did not work

lee_
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried generating a serial number in your calendar and sorting by that instead 

Autonumber(Period,'PeriodID') as [PeriodID]

Qlikuser09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Everyone , I tried creating a Master Dimension called Month year and then added it , it worked