Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EA-
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Okta to Qlik Sense hub - Connection lost

Hello,

We have a new Qlik Sense installation that is experiencing errors when connecting through the Okta dashboard.  The error states: Connection lost.  Make sure that Qlik Sense is running properly.  If your session has timed out due to inactivity, refresh the browser to continue working.  When I refresh the page it immediately errors again.

We are not using Okta for SSO - just the web dashboard and MFA.  This setup works well with our QlikView environments and other web applications.  The hub node is using port 80 http.

There is a load balanced name that Okta points at.  If I enter that name into the browser, e.g. http://qliksense.company.com, it works fine with no disconnects.  It only fails with Okta. 

The browser passes websocketstest.com

I have added every domain name and address I can think of to the virtual proxy host allow list.  okta.com, akamai-access.com company.com, load balanced name, IPs and names of all QS nodes, and so on.  

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EA-
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Just following up in case someone else runs into this.

We're using Okta/Akamai hybrid cloud, and there is a setting within Akamai to enable websockets for the app.  It is disabled by default.  That resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EA-
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hey thanks @Seanog_Murphy 

I've seen those but the video has some good tips that aren't included in the text.  

EA-
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Just following up in case someone else runs into this.

We're using Okta/Akamai hybrid cloud, and there is a setting within Akamai to enable websockets for the app.  It is disabled by default.  That resolved the issue.

Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks for the update @EA-