Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EA-
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Okta to Qlik Sense hub - Connection lost

Hello,

We have a new Qlik Sense installation that is experiencing errors when connecting through the Okta dashboard.  The error states: Connection lost.  Make sure that Qlik Sense is running properly.  If your session has timed out due to inactivity, refresh the browser to continue working.  When I refresh the page it immediately errors again.

We are not using Okta for SSO - just the web dashboard and MFA.  This setup works well with our QlikView environments and other web applications.  The hub node is using port 80 http.

There is a load balanced name that Okta points at.  If I enter that name into the browser, e.g. http://qliksense.company.com, it works fine with no disconnects.  It only fails with Okta. 

The browser passes websocketstest.com

I have added every domain name and address I can think of to the virtual proxy host allow list.  okta.com, akamai-access.com company.com, load balanced name, IPs and names of all QS nodes, and so on.  

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EA-
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Just following up in case someone else runs into this.

We're using Okta/Akamai hybrid cloud, and there is a setting within Akamai to enable websockets for the app.  It is disabled by default.  That resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EA-
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hey thanks @Seanog_Murphy 

I've seen those but the video has some good tips that aren't included in the text.  

EA-
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Just following up in case someone else runs into this.

We're using Okta/Akamai hybrid cloud, and there is a setting within Akamai to enable websockets for the app.  It is disabled by default.  That resolved the issue.

Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks for the update @EA-