Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larisabaciu
Contributor
Contributor

On Demand App Generation

Hi,

Do you know how could be possible to generate automatically the app on demands for a base application? What I want is to generate all the on demand apps for all the values for a specific field. Is this possible, maybe using the Qlik Api's? Please advise me. Thank you. 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
David_Fergen
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Larisabaciu,

That is a great question! It is possible, and here is a guide that explains how to do it.

Let me know if you do have any other questions!

Thanks,

David

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @larisabaciu , The above response doesn't really cover what it seems you are asking. The ODAG help doesn't go into a solution that automatically or on a scheduled basis covers all the ODAG dimension generations possible. It merely covers off the standard ODAG scenarios. According to this Ideas posting, a solution to this is being developed however and Thomas Hopp is a very trustworthy source. In the meantime you should be able to craft something yourself via the APIs as you've suggested.

Cheers,

Rod

larisabaciu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Rodj, could you give me some advice about using the APIs for this, please? Thank you 

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @larisabaciu , I don't know what situation you are in or what knowledge you have to provide a very useful answer. Regardless, I'd start by taking a look at the documentation for the ODAG Service API and the help on connecting to it. If you are new to working with the Qlik Sense API's I'd take a look through the Qlik Sense for Developers help pages and perhaps the https://developer.qlik.com/ website.

From what you've said I imagine you'll want to develop an application/program that calls the ODAG Service API in a loop to generate apps for each of a dimension value (or group of values) that you have.

Rod

larisabaciu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Rodj . Yes, indeed, that is what I want to develop and I am completely new in using ODAG Service Api. I just created the app and the template for the app on demand and now I have to generate this automatically.