Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of calculation memory

I am trying to bring in the salesforce data to Qliksense desktop and the data is in two or more objects in salesforce.

Q1) Should I link the objects based on a common field or will the Qlik salesforce connector automatically do it for me?

Q2) Sometimes it gives me "Out of Calculation memory" How do i resolve this? I have about 200,000 records in one object and 17,000 records in another.

6 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Can you tell a little bit more about the data model. I guess there are many overlapping fields (fields with same name in both tables) leading into a big synthetic key. Tables should be linked by one field only. So you need to create a composite key to link the tables.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Do i need to actively link the tables or does qlik sense does it automatically? I have never linked them before but they were able to somehow link themselves.

What more information can i provide?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Tables are linked automatically by field with same name. But if you have multiple fields with same name it creates a synthetical key which is kind of a table inbetween the both tables containing all combinations of values of all matching fields. This calculation can lead into a memory issue (my guessing here). Best practice is to have only a single field to link tables..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Looks like I have more than one field joined. How do i get rid of the extra one? Also why did it create an extra block down below? Thanks

2016-06-14_11h48_20.png

arnould_it
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

the same problem appears also with a correct "star schema" data model (without synthetical keys) with a normal volume of data (tens of thousand records).

I'm using a "table" object including 8 dimensions and 4 columns, set analysis and normal calculation.

Very strange. I work with QlikView from several years and Qlik Sense from 2 years, it's the first time that I encounter this issue with Sense.

Maybe it's something desired by the company, to limit the indiscriminate use of calculations.

In fact, Sense is not a "reporting BI tool".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is no synthetical key in my data model. However, Out of calculation memory happens to a table and a map in the Qlik app.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!