Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Passing a parameter through a URL into a variable

Hi,

Assuming I have the following address structure for the application:
http://new-ui:8090/bc/sense/app/bdb93862-48e3-4605-a353-97424acec650/sheet/7f7d14c0-c422-4eda-b297-a...

I want to pass a parameter (a dynamic value that changes every time the user signs into the application) into a variable that exists in the application. Is it possible?

I am not interested in working with a field and making a selection because the value I am passing does not exist in the data model and therefore I want to work with a variable.

Many Thanks.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
WaltShpuntoff
Employee
Employee

Going to need more information here.

1. are you looking to generate that dynamic value before you open the app and pass it in?

2. are you looking for your app to generate a dynamic value as a variable for that user/session/app?

3. something else?

-ws

EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

This is the flow:

We are working in the embedded analytics method which means that Qlik application is implemented in our product and we open it using iframe (with the URL I mentioned earlier). So now we want to pass the parameter of session ID of the user (which is created once the user logs into our product) from our product and work with it in Qlik application.

Hope it is clear now.

Thanks.

WaltShpuntoff
Employee
Employee

There is a forum for Integrations, Extensions an APIs (check the list).

Repost your question in that forum. 

-ws

EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

ok I will - please delete it from the forum.

Thanks.