Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III

Passing the first x "visible" dimension to Aggr function

Hi,

Not easy to explain what I'm trying to do, but I'll do my best.

I have a table chart with few dimensions and measurements. One of the columns in this table is an aggr() that calculate a moving average based on one of the dimensions (Dim1), and it works well.

Now I'm trying make some changes in the table chart to make it dynamic, meaning that the user can select what dimensions\measurements to show (except of the moving average and the month columns that are always there).

Using the help of this post "https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Passing-the-first-dimension-to-Aggr-function-or-Total... I know how the first dimension to the aggr() without mention it by name using $(=GetObjectField(0)), however it always use the first dimension that is mentioned in the definition of the chart and not the actual one visible to the user.
For example, if in the creation of the table chart I have Dim1, Dim2, Dim3... but the user chose to display Dim2 and Dim3, they see Dim2 as the first column he sees but the GetObjectField(0) still considers Dim1 as the first Dimension.

Anyone has any idea how to pass the "first X visible dimension", so in the example above it would pass Dim2 and Dim3?

Here is the exact syntax of my moving Avg:
=sum( aggr( rangeavg( above( sum({<Month=>}Qty),0,3) ),$(=GetObjectDimension(0)),(Month,TEXT,ASCENDING)))

Thanks

Dror

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think I figure it out by using GetFieldSelections() instead of GetObjectField().

The complete expression is: 
=sum( aggr( rangeavg( above( sum({<Month=>}Qty),0,3) ),$(=GetFieldSelections ( _dimensions)),(Month,TEXT,ASCENDING)))
The dimensions I choose in in my _dimensions object are passed to the aggr()

Only small issue is that the order of the dimensions that returned are based on their appearance in the _dimensions object, so if the user rearranges the columns it doesn't affecting the grouping in the aggr(), but I believe I can work with it for now.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
drorelkouby
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think I figure it out by using GetFieldSelections() instead of GetObjectField().

The complete expression is: 
=sum( aggr( rangeavg( above( sum({<Month=>}Qty),0,3) ),$(=GetFieldSelections ( _dimensions)),(Month,TEXT,ASCENDING)))
The dimensions I choose in in my _dimensions object are passed to the aggr()

Only small issue is that the order of the dimensions that returned are based on their appearance in the _dimensions object, so if the user rearranges the columns it doesn't affecting the grouping in the aggr(), but I believe I can work with it for now.