Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeborg
Contributor
Contributor

Percentage salary female to male

Very new to qlik sense.  I am trying to build a chart that will show the percentage of female salary to male salary.  I am going to show it in a few views and the measure is median salary.

For example

Department    Gender           Median (Salary)    %

A                           Male                75000                        96%

A                           Female           78000

How do i build the measure to show mediansalary by female gender / median salary male gender? 

Thank you!

4 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

You could create Set Analysis expressions that calculate the MEDIAN Salary where Gender was Male and one for Female and compare them. 

I've attached a workshop if you get really zealous to learn more about Set Analysis after checking out the help that is linked above. 

mikeborg
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Than you Dalton.  This is really helpful.  I built the formula to look like this which works perfectly.

Median({<[Person Gender]={'Female'}>}[Annualized Salary])

Do you know if there is a way to take it a step further and then take the further median by another breakdown?

Sample dummy data set:

BU          Grade   %            Female Median Sal          Male Median Sal

Sample1               A             103%     103000  100000

Sample1               B             92%        92000    100000

Sample1               C             -              98000   

Sample1               D             99%        99000    100000

MEDIAN               99%       

I'd like to know how i build for formula to bring out the 99% for this sample BU...

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Set Analysis allows you to use as many fields as you would like so if you literally want the D Grade which is 99% then just add it.

Median({<[Person Gender]={'Female'}, Grade = {'D'}>}[Annualized Salary])

traimd
Contributor
Contributor

According to the commonly quoted statistic, women make 77 cents for every dollar that men make. But many people ignore the reality that this is based on the mean salary of all women and men who work full-time. Occupational segregation is a phenomenon that describes how specific sexes predominate in certain occupations and pay stubs. In general, women prefer lower-paying professions, whereas men predominate in the film industry and child care. Many people believe that this is the result of women typically seeking employment with more flexibility in order to better combine work and family life.