Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnyjohn
Creator
Creator

Performance degradation over time

Morning, 

We're building a relatively heavy app, with a lot of data and complex dynamic calculation of measures and dimensions. 

The performance on the app is strange. It starts okay, and as the user clicks through different filters and sheets, the app becomes slower and slower, to the point of being unusable (takes 20-30 secs to update a sheet when a filter is selected). 

The performance then resets to normal if the user refreshes the page.

We have a multi-node setup, plenty of memory to spare, and follow best practices across the board. 

Any ideas how I can start looking at the performance there? I tried looking on Chrome DevTool to understand why the performance decreased so drastically the more a user interact with the app and its filters and goes back to normal once the page is refreshed? Has anyone seen anything similar? 

Thanks 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, no idea, maybe an extension is causing the degradation?

I would try creating an app with the same data model but with only standard objects and simple expressions to check if the performance also decreases, if it works ok, adding sheets to check when it starts degrading

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, no idea, maybe an extension is causing the degradation?

I would try creating an app with the same data model but with only standard objects and simple expressions to check if the performance also decreases, if it works ok, adding sheets to check when it starts degrading

johnnyjohn
Creator
Creator
Author

Bingo, this extension (https://developer.qlik.com/garden/59a7cf3c074edfb580b4b968) was rendering my app unusably slow. I removed it and much better now. Thanks