Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
basildur
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot Table YTD, PYTD and Seasonality Calculation Question

Hello Dear Experts,

I have came across a problem that I can't wrap my head around. I have the below Pivot Table with Targets for 2019, however currently it compares YTD vs full previous year. Here is what I Would like to do:
seasonality.PNG

In Total's 1st line is fine,

in the 2nd line i would like to have 95+85=180

and in the 3rd line I would like to have 9+2=11

Now to the messy part - set analysis. These are my current calculations for aforementioned 4 measures:

Volume : SUM({$<DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum)))) <=$(=Num(MonthEnd(Today())))"}>} TOTAL <Month,EHO1> Containers)

Seasonality Target Volume: 

(SUM({$<DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum)))-365) <=$(=Num(MonthEnd(Today()))-365)"}>} TOTAL <EHO1> Containers ) * vTarget) *
SUM({<Year={">=$(=year(today())-3) <=$(=year(today())-1) "}>}TOTAL <Month,EHO1> Containers) /
SUM({<Year={">=$(=year(today())-3) <=$(=year(today())-1) "}>}TOTAL <EHO1> Containers

//vTarget is basically just 1.053. The part with -3 years and -1 year is basically where we calculate seasonality.

Seasonality Target Variance: 

SUM({$<DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum)))) <=$(=Num(MonthEnd(Today())))"}>} TOTAL <Month,EHO1> Containers ) -

(SUM({$<DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum)))-365) <=$(=Num(MonthEnd(Today()))-365)"}>} TOTAL <EHO1> Containers ) * vTarget) *
SUM({<Year={">=$(=year(today())-3) <=$(=year(today())-1) "}>}TOTAL <Month,EHO1> Containers) /
SUM({<Year={">=$(=year(today())-3) <=$(=year(today())-1) "}>}TOTAL <EHO1> Containers

Can anybody help me figure out a way to just show YTD vs YTD-1 ? Rather than YTD vs Total Y-1

Labels (2)
11 Replies
basildur
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@sunny_talwar 

Hi Sunny, I had to tweak the script a bit of course but the general idea worked. Duly noted for the future. Much appreciate your support.

Regards,

Vlad

sunny_talwar

Superb, I am glad it worked after some tweaking