cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergiogiogio
Contributor III
Contributor III

Popup with a single table

I would like to have a popup in the main sheet such that when users click a button, a new table chart shows up with the required additional details.

1- I know I can create a button that redirects to another sheet, but moving across sheets is slow from user perspective, especially when I just want to display one table.

2- The best workaround I found was placing the table in the main sheet but minimizing it into a small square, and then asking users to expand it to full screen when they want to access the details. This solution works well but the table is now computed all the time even when it is in minimized state. This seems wasteful since the additonal tables are accessed infrequently. Ideally I would like to compute it only when users open the table full screen.

Are there other options?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you can have a container and use the conditional show property depending if a variable value is 1 or 0. The button can change this variable between 1 and 0 using the 'set variable' button action to assign a value like: =If(variableName=1,0,1)

You can also use the layout container object (in custom objects -> Qlik dashboard bundle) to crete more complex visualizations that includes different objects to show/hide at the same time.

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

MayilVahanan

Testing

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.