Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Prevent Master Item Warning

Hi all,

Using Master Item is convenient to save calculations on one central place. On the other hand it is very time consuming to make changes on a Master Item.  7 steps are needed:

1. click on the master object item
2. click on the pencil for edit
3. click on "OK" to confirm the warning
4. click on the "fx" icon to open the formula-editor
5. change the formula
6. click on "apply" to confirm the changes
7. click on "save"

Is there a shorten way? Find to set  variables in load script is not better.

Is there at least possible to get rid of this warning-messages which appears everytime on every Master Item when open it ? Find it ok to read it ones, but is not necessary to confirm it everytime.

Warning.jpg

Thanks for any advice.

George

Labels (1)
4 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

From your lips to the Qlik Sense god's ears. Unfortunately, this is something that they have not documented as a possibility to turn off.
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

I reached out to Qlik Tech support and got the following reply.  I'd ask you mark this as the solution considering it's Qlik's response unless you're hoping someone will find the right JS to hack apart 🙂

From Qlik:

Unfortunately, out of the box, we do not have nothing that will prevent the warning and it is working as expected. For sure there is a JS that can be modify that can prevent this, but we do not carry this information and we cannot also provide any suggest to do so, since it will an unsupported action. Best we can offer is to open a feature request ( however if the feature is approved it won't be deliver any time soon) and/or ask the same question in community and see if anyone had done the same, but note any modification in the product code it makes the product unsupported from Qlik Support and R&D. 

george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks your investigation.

I had many times some ideas to enhance the Qlik Sense feeling. I don't know where to place it. Do you know if there is a official feature request platform?

andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

@george55 you can post to the "Ideas" area here on community.  I requested that Qlik Tech add the feature request.  The more of us that ask Qlik Tech or our account representatives the more likely it'll be addressed (but the ways of the Qlik Force are sometimes mysterious).  If the answer above answered your question please remember to mark the solution.