Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erniepatie_
Contributor
Contributor

Progressive data

Hi I'm new to Qliksense. How do I load a new data & display it without creating a new app? 

I'm trying to display a comparative data (eg. monthly). for example I have created an app performance for May, how do I do it for June in but having it in the same app? I want the data to be displayed progressively & not only for the particular month/time. 

It should be able to display the next month(s) data too by the end of every month. 

Please help!

3 Replies
Acrodata
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

Could you explain more your issue.

Because if you load data again in  the sames app, you will have data for the next month.

please share your app or explain more 

erniepatie_
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Do u mean if i load a different excel file i can see the progress for the following month?

What I’m trying to do was have this 1 app that will display progressively for the whole FY2019 , and still be able to view the previous month’s. In way that it wont overwrite the previous month’s data.

Thank you.
Acrodata

Hi, So what I have understood , that you have multiples Excel files. Each one with a month data ?

If so, I think you should load every month all the files to keep data of all the year.

For example if you have File_1 for January and File_2 for February you should load both to have data fro both months, I assume also that you have a column in your files indicating the month.

So you should each month load both (all ) to have data of both monts. You can even write /generate script to load both files or use a loop to load automatically all files contained in a folder, like that:

set Root='lib://Diractory';// Your data connection to the folder where exists your files

For each ExcelFile in filelist (Root&'\*.'&'xls')

Table:

load * FROM [$(ExcelFile)] (ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is [Sheet1]);

// replace Sheet1 with name of the sheet containing data in your case

next ExcelFile;

wish this is will be helpful !