cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louise119
Creator III
Creator III

Pulling the data I selected to another sheet

I want to change the value output to the filter depending on the conditions.

Currently, the if statement is used to determine the contents of the filter as shown below, but the data is not inherited when linked to another sheet. Because the formula is different (Sheet A and Sheet B).
What should I do?

When I selected the data Region="US" on sheet A, the selected data Region="US" is selected on sheet B as well.
That's what I want to do.

【SheetA】
filter:
If(Region="US" or Region="UK",Region)

【SheetB】

filter:
If(RegionX="US" or RegionX="UK" or RegionX="China" or RegionX="Korea" or RegionX="France",RegionX)

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Selections that are made in an application reduces limits which data your expressions are per default using for calculation.  Your selections are valid in the whole application, that means all sheets and all embedded objects.

You can however override which selections that should be used in an expression using set analysis.

Let's assume you are using the simple Sum(Amount). It will sum all your Amount values that are associated  with your current selection. You can however force it to only consider certain field values on, let's say, the field Region. Then your expression  need to look like this.

Sum({<Region={'US','UK'} >}Amount)

This expression calculates on the two regions ignoring all other selections made by the user in that field.

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your reply.

If I use the set analysis "Sum({<Region={'US,''UK'}>} Region)" on filter below capture,
the data I selected can be selected on another sheet as well?

When you move to another sheet,
the values selected in the previous sheet may still be selected in another sheet.

1_test.png