Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pawwy1415
Creator III
Creator III

Purgechar function help

Hi,

Can any one please help me on below requirement.

I have a Name field with below records.

Name

<p>A code that identifies the type of party that the postal address usage applies to.</p>

The name of the residential postal address country for the individual.

<div>A code that identifies the country of an organisation operating address.</div>

<p style="font-size: 12.0px;"><span style="font-size: 13.0px;">A code that identifies the country where an entity is registered to operate, in accordance with the rules set forth by the regulatory body that grants the registration.<br/></span></p>

Expected Output:

Name

A code that identifies the type of party that the postal address usage applies to.

A code that identifies the country of an organisation operating address.

A code that identifies the country where an entity is registered to operate, in accordance with the rules set forth by the regulatory body that grants the registration.

I have tried this logic to avoid<p> </p> but its removing p letter in the middle of text also.

PurgeChar(Name,'<,>,/,#,p')

I there any other way to handle this scenario. Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Taoufiq_Zarra

if it's on Qlikview:
I suggest you add a javascript macro :

function dropTags(row) {
 return row.replace(/<[^>]*>/gi, "");
}

then in load script :

Data:

load dropTags(Name) as clean_JS,* inline [
Name
<p>A code that identifies the type of party that the postal address usage applies to.</p>
<div>A code that identifies the country of an organisation operating address.</div>
<p style="font-size: 12.0px;"><span style="font-size: 13.0px;">A code that identifies the country where an entity is registered to operate, in accordance with the rules set forth by the regulatory body that grants the registration.<br/></span></p>
];

if you can't use Macro , you can Add Mapping table 

so on load script :

map2:
mapping LOAD * 
Inline [
Name, Clean
<p>,
<div>,
<p style="font-size: 12.0px;">,
<span style="font-size: 13.0px;">,
</p>,
</div>,
<br/></span></p>,

] ;

Data:

load MapSubString('map2', Name) as clean_Mapping,* inline [
Name
];

here the results of both approaches

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

if it's on Qlikview:
I suggest you add a javascript macro :

function dropTags(row) {
 return row.replace(/<[^>]*>/gi, "");
}

then in load script :

Data:

load dropTags(Name) as clean_JS,* inline [
Name
];

if you can't use Macro , you can Add Mapping table 

so on load script :

map2:
mapping LOAD * 
Inline [
Name, Clean
<p>,
<div>,
<p style="font-size: 12.0px;">,
<span style="font-size: 13.0px;">,
</p>,
</div>,
<br/></span></p>,

] ;

Data:

load MapSubString('map2', Name) as clean_Mapping,* inline [
Name
];

here the results of both approaches

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
pawwy1415
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Great Solution...

Thanks alot for your help.