Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louise119
Creator III
Creator III

QVD file in App

Hi, I am using Qlik Enterprise.
I would like to apply for access to the QVD file to the administrator, but do all app users need to access the QVD file? Or is it good for developers only?

What I want to do is make QVDs created by one app readable by other apps.

15 Replies
louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you so much. I looked at the page you shared, but  I can't understand it very well...
How did you know you could use the app without having to access the QVD files on Qlik's servers?

MayilVahanan

General Answer is, Qlik app stores the data , even u delete the QVD, you can see the data in the Qlik app until you refresh the app.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you.
However, I needed to explain it to my team leader and was looking for relevant materials like official web page or something like that.

Do you have?

MayilVahanan

You can do demo also..

Load the QVD data into Qlik app and delete the QVD and ask your team leader to access the app [don't refresh the app].

And if possible, you can download the app with data [you can see the data in the app].

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, I actually made a demo with free trial app. and tried it, but in the free version, I was the administrator, so it was difficult to imagine.

Can a user (in this case my team leader) use an app that accesses QVD files without admin permission?Development users have to ask the administrator for connection settings to put the QVD file, but does that mean that general users do not need connection settings?

MayilVahanan

Hi

If the user [ur team leader or anyone] plan to view the app alone without any development, if he / she has access for the Qlik App, then no need to give QVD folder permission. 

However, if any one of the developer / user, plan to create the data model, then he / she must require QVD folder access or connection string access to fetch the data from the database.