Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HAmzehAF
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QVD size 5GB

Hello, 

i have this QVD for sales it has data for 2022 and 2023 only and now it 5gb 
i wanted to do somthing like this :

""" The summary of steps would be:

1. Identify the month field or create one based on a date in your 5GB QVD
  2. Loop through all the months to load each month from that QVD and store each month into a separate QVD

Moving forward, every new month you have to load, you store it into a new QVD, so instead of 2 big files for years 2022 and 2023, you will have 24 smaller QVD files for each month."""

but i can do it can somone help me with this? should like take my full qvd and store month by month with a where condition ? like where month = "jan" .... like this? or theirs another way 

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You can do this with a standard loop. I'm not sure what the benefit would be, though, assuming you end up reading all the files...

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, that is correct. Fully load your QVD into Qlik Sense, identify the field containing the value for month, then iterate through the possible values per FieldValueList(Month), create a slice for each Month value using WHERE and store that as QVD.

HAmzehAF
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Or thank you for the fast reply. 
how can i fix it cuz on qlik cloud my qvd is already at 5gb as the app had only 5gb,
do you have any fix for this other than taking out data cuz they need all the data for 2022 and 2023

Or
MVP
MVP

Your app size will not be smaller if you split the data into multiple QVDs, but still read it all into the app.

If you need to reduce the size of the app, try removing unused fields, improving formatting where possible, autonumbering keys,  etc - you can use QSDA Pro or similar tools to try and isolate the fields where improvement can be made. You can also just reduce the number of rows in the app if that's feasible, of course.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP