cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Desktop - Post Installation Error Messages

Hi, I have recently installed Qlik Sense and Qlik Sense Desktop.

Though it would appear with access to Qlik Sense Enterprise, Desktop may not be needed, I wanted to install and explore that too. I am getting an error message on opening Desktop that I don't know how to resolve - I'm not sure if I have missed something on the installation or Client Authentication process

On opening Qlik Sense Desktop I get an error saying "Cannot read property 'id' of undefined". There is an option to 'Refresh QMC' and when I press that I progress to the "Welcome to Qlik Sense Desktop" message and I appear to be able to continue OK. 

Any ideas of how I can resolve this so the error message no longer appears?

Many Thanks

Labels (1)
3 Replies
markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The error message seems to be interchangeable with another saying ...

" Route was not found

which has the same Refresh QMC option that again resolves it ...

Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi Mark

Did you follow the authentication process from Qlik sense server https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Configuring-Qlik-Sense-Desktop-authentication-link/ta-p/1715...

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, yes I did follow this process.

Once I get past the message it all works fine - this is an irritation more than anything

I haven't been able to find any advice online.

I also had the same message once on the Enterprise Server itself - pressed Refresh QMC and all was fine again