Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Desktop - Post Installation Error Messages

Hi, I have recently installed Qlik Sense and Qlik Sense Desktop.

Though it would appear with access to Qlik Sense Enterprise, Desktop may not be needed, I wanted to install and explore that too. I am getting an error message on opening Desktop that I don't know how to resolve - I'm not sure if I have missed something on the installation or Client Authentication process

On opening Qlik Sense Desktop I get an error saying "Cannot read property 'id' of undefined". There is an option to 'Refresh QMC' and when I press that I progress to the "Welcome to Qlik Sense Desktop" message and I appear to be able to continue OK. 

Any ideas of how I can resolve this so the error message no longer appears?

Many Thanks

Labels (1)
3 Replies
markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The error message seems to be interchangeable with another saying ...

" Route was not found

which has the same Refresh QMC option that again resolves it ...

Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi Mark

Did you follow the authentication process from Qlik sense server https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Configuring-Qlik-Sense-Desktop-authentication-link/ta-p/1715...

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, yes I did follow this process.

Once I get past the message it all works fine - this is an irritation more than anything

I haven't been able to find any advice online.

I also had the same message once on the Enterprise Server itself - pressed Refresh QMC and all was fine again