Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imrantahirch
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Engine Service Down Automatically

Hello,

Dear Members,

We are facing a issue on daily basis my Qlik Engine Service goes down after that ETL failed to run. 

We are Using Qlik Sense June 2020 version. 

Please guide me on how to get the logs of Qlik Sense Engine Service to find out the route cause. 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @imrantahirch 

Are we saying that every time that the reload fails the Engine crashes?

What is the error in the script when the issue ocurrs?

What driver (if any) is involved?

What are the errors in the System Engine logs?

Do you see any errors in the Windows Logs?

Any details will be appreciated. 

NOTE: June 2020 is out of support, it is suggested to upgrade to a newer version. 

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows Product Lifecycle 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Support-Lifecycle/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-Product-Lif...

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

imrantahirch
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear Nadia, 

I have checked all the checklists when the issue occurred and found Qlik Sense consumed 100% System RAM that's why this issue has occurred. My two main ETL running at the same time now we reschedule the ETL  but today it's working fine. 

Thank you for the help. 

Kindly guide me currently we are Using June 2020 Qliksense version kindly advise if can we upgrade to the latest version directly or go step by step. 

Please advise 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @imrantahirch 

Are we saying that every time that the reload fails the Engine crashes?

What is the error in the script when the issue ocurrs?

What driver (if any) is involved?

What are the errors in the System Engine logs?

Do you see any errors in the Windows Logs?

Any details will be appreciated. 

NOTE: June 2020 is out of support, it is suggested to upgrade to a newer version. 

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows Product Lifecycle 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Support-Lifecycle/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-Product-Lif...

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

In addition to what Nadia said above, have you or the admin by any chance changed the repository or login password for the qliksense? Also, what error does it give after you try to restart the service. 

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
imrantahirch
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear Nadia, 

I have checked all the checklists when the issue occurred and found Qlik Sense consumed 100% System RAM that's why this issue has occurred. My two main ETL running at the same time now we reschedule the ETL  but today it's working fine. 

Thank you for the help. 

Kindly guide me currently we are Using June 2020 Qliksense version kindly advise if can we upgrade to the latest version directly or go step by step. 

Please advise 

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @imrantahirch 

You should be good to install to a newer version, the following URL has the checklist before proceeding with upgrade 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/August2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Depl...

Remember to make a backup before any upgrade. 

Hope it helps!