Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HH3571
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Expression excluding nulls with condition.

Hello, i have the following script in an KPI chart:

Sum({<ROW_ID = {$(=MAX(ROW_ID))}>} VOLUME).

= Find max row id and give the volume.

The problem is that, the Max ROW_ID can sometimes contain null values, which i'm not interested in.

Is there a way for the above  script to work, excluding null values for VOLUME ?

Best regards

H

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like below

Sum({<ROW_ID = {$(=MAX({<ROW_ID ={"=Sum(Volume)>0"}>}ROW_ID ))}>} VOLUME)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like below

Sum({<ROW_ID = {$(=MAX({<ROW_ID ={"=Sum(Volume)>0"}>}ROW_ID ))}>} VOLUME)

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
HH3571
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you it was correct answer.

Do you have any links/tips for learning material regarding set expressions, set analysis etc, like the above problem?

Do you think i should have done this in the Script editor instead of making an expression out of it, for convenience?

Best regards

H

MayilVahanan

Hi

For set analysis, you can learn lot of materials in Qlik community itself, for practice, you can watch videos in youtube. However, by practice, you can learn quicker 🙂

Its depends on the requirement / user agree to remove null values completely from the dashboard, you can remove those records in script itself.