Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HH3571
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Expression excluding nulls with condition.

Hello, i have the following script in an KPI chart:

Sum({<ROW_ID = {$(=MAX(ROW_ID))}>} VOLUME).

= Find max row id and give the volume.

The problem is that, the Max ROW_ID can sometimes contain null values, which i'm not interested in.

Is there a way for the above  script to work, excluding null values for VOLUME ?

Best regards

H

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like below

Sum({<ROW_ID = {$(=MAX({<ROW_ID ={"=Sum(Volume)>0"}>}ROW_ID ))}>} VOLUME)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like below

Sum({<ROW_ID = {$(=MAX({<ROW_ID ={"=Sum(Volume)>0"}>}ROW_ID ))}>} VOLUME)

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
HH3571
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you it was correct answer.

Do you have any links/tips for learning material regarding set expressions, set analysis etc, like the above problem?

Do you think i should have done this in the Script editor instead of making an expression out of it, for convenience?

Best regards

H

MayilVahanan

Hi

For set analysis, you can learn lot of materials in Qlik community itself, for practice, you can watch videos in youtube. However, by practice, you can learn quicker 🙂

Its depends on the requirement / user agree to remove null values completely from the dashboard, you can remove those records in script itself.