Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbchurchill
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense (GeoAnalytics?) - How do I load a geoJSON file?

I've been searching the documentation online. I have a geoJSON file for a polygon layer and I want it to show in a Qlik Sense Application on a server (eventually to be on the QAP side). I cannot even be sure we have GeoAnalytics but I have made a simple point map so I am guessing that means it is installed. I need this in an existing app but even trying this w/ a new app fails when trying to just drag and drop the file into the app. Can someone help?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

1. Being able to paint maps doesn't require GeoAnalytics to be licensed. However, the Analytics functions, those things you would do in a load script do. 

2. Here is a support article specifically about loading GeoJSON files. 

3. I have attached a ZIP I put together for a webinar years ago which provides hands on level details on multiple GeoAnalytics functions so you can see other use cases to understand what GeoAnalytics provides above just drawing and painting visually. One of the topics is loading an ESRI Shapefile. Just calling that out here in case future #qlikkies happen to stumble upon this post and are dealing with ESRI instead of GeoJSON. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

1. Being able to paint maps doesn't require GeoAnalytics to be licensed. However, the Analytics functions, those things you would do in a load script do. 

2. Here is a support article specifically about loading GeoJSON files. 

3. I have attached a ZIP I put together for a webinar years ago which provides hands on level details on multiple GeoAnalytics functions so you can see other use cases to understand what GeoAnalytics provides above just drawing and painting visually. One of the topics is loading an ESRI Shapefile. Just calling that out here in case future #qlikkies happen to stumble upon this post and are dealing with ESRI instead of GeoJSON. 

jbchurchill
Creator
Creator
Author

It appears we don't have this since (or don't have it installed) I do not have that GeoAnalytics Connector. It looks like an intriguing product.