Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjchristie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Horizontal Axis Sorting on Bar Chart

I am trying to create a vertical stacked bar chart, where the only dimension selected in the chart is a datetime field. The Horizontal axis is not being sorted by this variable FIRST. It is being sorted by an unspecified field, the server name, before it does the AVERAGE aggregation by the datetime field.

I have not figured out how to force the sorting by the datetime field, either by expression, numerically or alphabetically and combinations thereof.

This should be simple, right?

Annotation 2019-07-18 171041.jpg

Yellow is DEV server, Red is PRD server and Green is UAT server. Datetimes in green are not represented in yellow are in the green area. The red datetime is in neither the yellow or green. I believe the average aggregation is working correctly in the yellow area when there is data for both DEV and UAT servers for that datetime.

Ideas?

2 Replies
anseglko
Creator
Creator

Can you sort the x-axis by expression, and in the expression type the datetime field?

bjchristie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

There is no change when I check 'sort by expression' and put the datetime field in the fx window.Annotation 2019-07-19 074144.jpg