Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense June 2018 installation and QMC issue

Community,

New to QS server installation so would appreciate some tips on the next resolution steps. Right after the installation finished I get the view as in the attached image. The dial keeps on spinning and I will assume next to it is the QMC button to access it - always disabled. Even running the QMC/hub separately is not working - "this page cannot be displayed".

All services are running.

Any tip will be appreciated.

Thank you!

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, all services are running.

Under MMC i see no applied certificate. Is that the issue?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you add the certificate Snap-in for the local machine then you should see a QlikClient certificate and another certificate both issued by the same machinename-CA issuer. Those are two qlik certificates that should have been added during the installation process. Under Trusted Root Certificate Authorities you should find the machinename-CA root certificate. If those certificates are missing you can try the Repair option of the installer to repair the installation.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried that but no QlikClient cert is visible. Also, in the event viewer i see a lot issues related to QS dispatcher.

"The description for Event ID 300 from source Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Marko - nice chatting with you on the Qlik Sense Webinar. I see this is the discussion thread you opened (that you sent me to my Qlik email). So far Gysbert is an excellent Qlik community member and is very knowledgeable - however - I also contacted your partner manager to see if you can get some Qlik support. If you do not hear anything in a few days, please let me know. Please keep us updated if you make progress with Gysbert.

Regards,

Mike T   

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The Event ID 300 message probably doesn't mean much. What is more worrying is that you don't see any certificates installed. Have you tried running the installer again using the Repair option?

If you can't open the QMC you should at least be able to find something in the log files for the Proxy service in c:\programdata\qlik\sense\log\proxy.

Getting in touch with Qlik Support is a good idea. Once they're on the job they'll keep on it, while I may lose track of this discussion as has happened for the last few days.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gents, thanks to both for taking the time to assist me. For those interested this was resolved by adding the QS service account to the Manage Auditing and Security Log local security policy. Not sure if this is supposed to be added automatically during installation (the service account was added under Log on as a Service policy) but somehow this one was not. Might be due to our internal server security restrictions.