Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DOD
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Repository Service will not start

Hi all,

We're unable to access our Qlik Sense Hub (or Management Console), getting an 'ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED' error in the browser. This is the case within the Qlik sense server machine itself or any any local machine.

I notice that the Qlik Sense Repository Service is not running and if I start it manually, it stops immediately.  I believe this may be the cause of not being able to access the Hub.

We installed Qlik Sense a couple of months ago and have not had this issue previously. This was working fine earlier this week and I'm not aware of any changes to the host machine.

Can you please provide any guidance on what may have caused this as it's impacting our entire reporting environment?

Thanks very much.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DOD
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm confirming that deleting the existing certificate and re-creating this on the server with the user account resolved the issue. The following support article with an instructional video provided guidance on doing this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Knowledge-Base/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificate...

I still don't know what would have caused the certificate issue in the first place.

Thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check if the service account password has got expired. Else, try to troubleshoot using log file.

DOD
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the quick response.

The same service account is running a number of other services without issue and I can also access the machine with its existing credentials, so this doesn't seem to be issue.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

One more issue could be - access to the shared path for this account might got tweaked. Recheck it if the permission is still there, or you can try removing the access and replying it again.  

These are common things to try, but best way would be to follow log error/warning.

DOD
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. We're very new to QS. would you be able to point me to the relevant log paths which might have more detail on this issue?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Default paths are:

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log

\\Server\QlikShare\ArchivedLogs

You can check the one in (or in similar path - as per your environment):

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\

The immediate issues would be recorded in this folder log files. For older logs you have to search in archived log folder. 

DOD
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In the Service_Repository log in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\System, I see the following error: "Key not valid for use in specified".

It seems this is a certificate-related issue, although I'm not sure what would have caused this.

There is the following support article on recreating the certificate: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000074683

I will try this and will update this thread on the outcome.

DOD
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm confirming that deleting the existing certificate and re-creating this on the server with the user account resolved the issue. The following support article with an instructional video provided guidance on doing this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Knowledge-Base/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificate...

I still don't know what would have caused the certificate issue in the first place.

Thanks again for your help.