Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense Server Token

Hi Qlik'ers,

I'm wondering if i get 10 tokens to first time set up qlik sense server, do i "lose" one of the tokens for the super-user access needed to be created during installation? May i only use this access from directly on the server or may i get in from any other computer, too?

Is the super-user access only for QMC or may it be used for normal things like creating apps and visualizations, too?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Correct, RootAdmin can access the QMC without requiring a token.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

you won't "loose" a token to setup the qmc

But you need it for example to analyze the license monitor or the operations monitor from the monitoring-stream.

Regards

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

If you want a user to be able to access the Hub (including create apps / visualizations) then they will need a token. As Martin pointed out above, you do not need to assign a token to the user who installed Qlik Sense Server, though you can allow other users the ability to view the Monitoring Apps stream.

If you do not want to assign a user a token but want them to be able to create apps / visualizations then they can always create apps using Qlik Sense desktop then import them into Server.

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

He Levi,

So when i set up my server installation and create this root admin, i don't need to give this account a token to get into the QMC? did i understand this right?

Regards,

Chris

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Correct, RootAdmin can access the QMC without requiring a token.

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Martin!