Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumitk
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense on Active Directory Functional upgrade

Hi,

Currently we are doing a functional upgrade of active directory from 2008 to 2012.

Will this have any significant impact to our current Qlik sense server which is authenticating to active directory?

Will there be any adjustment or tuning we need to do on our qlik sense server?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sumitk
Author

Hi, I raised a support ticket and got below mentioned answer from them-

Hello,

As checked internally, it will work in Qlik Sense but there might be a difference in the performance from Windows end

- https://serverfault.com/questions/688391/windows-server-2012-active-directory-vs-windows-server-2008...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

What is your current Qlik Sense Enterprise version?

As far as I know, Qlik Sense has no version dependency to connect to the Active Directory.

Anyhow, you can check the System requirements for Qlik Sense Enterprise > Platform Requirements of your Qlik Sense Version. If it supports the windows version that translates to the same Active Directory version, then most likely it supports the AD as well.

sumitk
Author

Hi,

Current Qliksense version we are using May 2023. 

HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

These are the supported version based on your version:

• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2016
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2019
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2022

If 2008 was working fine, I don't expect 2012 to break anything.

If you want a Qlik support answer, then either wait for them to respond, or preferably open a support chat/ticket and ask them.

sumitk
Author

Hi, I raised a support ticket and got below mentioned answer from them-

Hello,

As checked internally, it will work in Qlik Sense but there might be a difference in the performance from Windows end

- https://serverfault.com/questions/688391/windows-server-2012-active-directory-vs-windows-server-2008...